- Technical Guide: New Construction and Modernization – Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Buildings (February 2016)
- Technical Guide: New Construction and Renovations – Guiding Principles Implemented by UFC 1-200-02 (December 2016)
If you are unsure of which Technical Guide is appropriate for the project, please contact your Owner department or Agency for guidance.
Project Information Forms
- Project Information Form Guiding Principles 2016
- Project Information Form Guiding Principles UFC 2016
The Guiding Principles
The Guiding Principles for Sustainable Federal Buildings was updated by the Council on Environmental Quality on February 26, 2016, and is required by Executive Order 13693.
The Guiding Principles apply to:
- New Construction or Modernization: For new construction, metrics one through 20 are required. For modernization, metrics 1 through 18 and 21 are required, as specified.
- The Department of Defense incorporates the Guiding Principles requirements into their Unified Facilities Criteria High Performance and Sustainable Building Requirements, UFC 1-200-02, the criteria against which GBCI conducts the third party review.